A quick read before work this morning. Daredevil was my very first Marvel comic. As an anti-Marvelite (at the time), a friend and I walked into my LCS and began a discussion that ended with, “I’ll buy you your first Marvel comic and, if you hate it, I’ll take it back and pay you cover price, too.” How could I lose? So I picked Daredevil 35.
I’d say I lost, but considering it was in the beginning of Bendis’s now legendary run on the book, I’d say we both won. For me, Bendis’s Daredevil is what I compare all other Marvel books to. I loved Brubaker’s run and I probably would’ve liked Diggle’s more if it weren’t for bloody Shadowland. Waid’s Daredevil is now my single favorite Marvel title and the only thing that can come close would be Bendis writing Daredevil again.
And here we are.
In an effort to reduce my comic intake, I try not to pick up any miniseries; however, I simply could not pass this up. Every issue is fantastic and this issue, featuring the death of… someone… is no different. I love, love, love this series.
So, uh, yes, good issue. Very good issue.
- animafelis2012 likes this
- myfirstblogsucked reblogged this from drdavidmrmack
- sircandle reblogged this from drdavidmrmack
- comicblah likes this
- haleboundride likes this
- sundryaddams likes this
- drdavidmrmack reblogged this from kettleandwonton and added:
- drdavidmrmack likes this
- nicolenonsense9 reblogged this from kettleandwonton
- noiseforyoureyes reblogged this from kettleandwonton and added:
- equustel likes this
- princessstabity likes this
- kettleandwonton posted this